Thursday, April 21, 2011

{new friends and yummy food}

My FAVORITE ministry at our church is our hospitality ministry which includes taking meals to families in need. This ministry is so close to my heart. There have been several times when we've received meals from friends and family and it just makes you feel so loved and cared for.

Does your church have a hospitality ministry that takes meals to families in need? If so I have to tell you about Food Tidings

image
image

Apparently Lisa, the founder, was at Creative Estates too and had I known…I would have thanked her a million times over for her AWESOME website! We've been using it for over a year and it has become and invaluable service to our church family! Basically, Food Tidings is a site where you create an account and organize meals for families. Everyone can see what everyone else has signed up for to ensure that the family doesn’t get 10 lasagnas! You can post food preferences and aversions, allergies, drop off time…it’s AMAZING and Lisa is brilliant as far as I’m concerned!

It just so happens that the day after I got home from the conference, I was signed up (via foodtidings) to take a meal to two families with brand new babies. I needed a recipe that was easy and that I could triple easily because I needed to make it for three families (didn’t want to make a separate meal for us!). So I put a call out on Twitter and received a great recipe from April Kennedy of Funky Vintage Lovely

image

I got to meet April at Creative Estates and I can’t wait to go down and visit her booth at The Queen Bee Market next month! You should go visit her shop and blog because she is really fabulous. You’ll thank me :)

She also has some great recipes up her sleeve! Here is her recipe for Chicken Bundles. I guess this is a super popular recipe with lots of variations. I have no idea how I hadn’t heard of it before! Here it is...

Cream Cheese Chicken Bundles 
{serves 4, but doubles/triples easily!}
3 oz. pkg softened cream cheese (I leave out on counter for awhile)
2 tbs melted butter
2 cups cooked diced chicken (or if time is short....canned chicken)
2 Tbs. milk
1 Tbs. chopped white or yellow onion
salt & pepper
8 oz. can crescent rolls
For topping:
More Melted Butter & Bread Crumbs
Directions:
Blend cream cheese and butter til smooth. Add milk and onion. Blend. Stir in chicken. Separate rolls into four rectangles. (press two crescent rolls together to make a seam in the middle of the rectangle).
Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into center of each rectangle. Pull up opposite corners and press to seal, then pull up remaining opposite corners and seal. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake on cookie sheet @ 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes!

Here is the finished yumminess! 

Chicken Bundles_FVL

I gave each family four bundles and a bag salad. Easy peesy and SO good!

And wait there's more...go visit April at Funky Vintage Lovely today because she posted her taco version of this tasty recipe! 

Do you have a variation on this recipe posted on your blog? Leave the link in the comments because we want to try it!

Well that’s all for now friends. Hope you have a happy day!

{hugs} 

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Yours turned out so good for your first time making them. So pretty and so perfect. And they really are so YUMMY!

    Sometimes I don't take the time to completely seal all edges but yours turned out so pretty I just might have to next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you just a wealth of knowledge this morning!! Our friend is having a baby next month and I was wanting to plan a "dinner delivery schedule" for her - checking out Food Tidings next!

    And BOTH of April's recipes look so good! Def something my family would eat. Gonna put it on next week's menu plan!

    Thanks for the tips =)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...