Thursday, April 14, 2011

How I was {blessed} by Creative Estates…

ACD_necklace 

This necklace given to me by new friend Amy sums up my time at Creative Estates this past weekend.

The handmade world is an interesting place and unless you live there, you just don’t get it. I am so blessed to be part of a community of like minded individuals who understand and support what I do. People I can talk to about the ins and outs of this business and who understand what a linky party is! 

Starting on the drive out with Nicole and Kristen, I knew that I was in for a treat. It’s kind of surreal meeting the people that live in your computer. I was pleasantly surprised at just how “real” everyone is!

Thursday night at “Cupcakes and Cocktails” a little group of us formed very naturally. We all just kind of found each other. Funny how that happens. We’re all Christians. Several of us work for our churches and all of us own handmade businesses and really like Twitter. I am so blessed to have met each and every one of them.

You want to meet them too??? OKAY! Here they are…

CE_friends

First there is Amy!

image

Amy’s handmade business is Amy Cornwell Designs. She and I “met” on Twitter a while back and knew we were destined to be friends! Her jewelry is awesome! I have one of her ruffle necklaces, a sweet stamped heart ring that my husband got me for Valentines Day (she’s a good secret keeper too!), and now my new favorite necklace...the one she gave me at Creative Estates. I think that’s enough to start a collection! Love her.

Next is Ali!

image

Ali is from the south and has the best accent EVER. She is sweet and funny and I so enjoyed my time with her. Her handmade business is Apearantly Sew. She has a great eye for yummy fabric and I adore her clean and simple style.

Then there is Kristen!

image

Kristen was one of my road trip buddies. Turns out we went to the same church for like 6 years and never met! Her handmade business is Rock A Bow! She makes really cute felt bow headbands (like the one she’s wearing…I have one in mustard), tutus, and lots of other goodies too!

Next up is Nicole!

image

Nicole was the driver on our road trip to and from Arizona. Nicole is very good driver :) She is super sweet and FUNNY! Her handmade business is Olive Blue. She makes really awesome scarves and baby leg warmers, and I bought SUPER cute wristlet clutch from her at the market. Click here to see it.

Then there is Megan!

image

Megan is a college gal (which made me feel very old) and a very talented jewelry designer! Her handmade shop is Flawed Perfection Jewelry. She makes lovely pieces with clusters of colorful beads. Her designs are simple and classic!

Next is Jacqui!

image

Jacqui is from the woods of northern Wisconsin. I think I freaked her out on Thursday night when I told her she looked like my sister, then showed her an AWFUL picture of my sister. Why did I do that? Oh well. I think we’re still friends :) Jacqui’s handmade business is Craftee McGee. She makes all sorts of lovely jewelry and accessories. I am swooning over her birds nest earrings. Love them.

And there’s Katie!

image

Katie is a great girl! I just recently discovered Katie’s blog Food, Wine, and Mod Podge and it’s fabulous! Great recipes and craft ideas and she has a cat that thinks it’s a dog too! She lives in Chicago now, but was raised in Chandler, AZ where the conference was so she got to spend time with her family too. They surprised her with Food, Wine, and Mod Podge t-shirts. How cute is that? Click here to see them!

I could go on and on about these ladies and all the other’s I met this weekend, but I’m pretty sure blogger will crash so I’ll stop here!

I hope that you will visit my new friends. You’re going to love them! And remember when you read Ali’s blog, you need to read it in a southern accent to get the full affect :)

I am so blessed to have met each and every one of you and I wish you THE BEST that this handmade business world has to offer you!

{HUGS}

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful this post was! Its so great to meet new people, and get along with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It was so great to meet you in person finally! Great recap of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray! so glad God stuck us all together last weekend! and you didn't freak me out :) i was just a little confused :) i miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...