Sunday, June 20, 2010

A little weekend sewing.

We had a pretty slow weekend so I was able to get caught up on some custom orders and make Father’s Day gifts too! First up, I made some capes for my friends grandchildren. I love how they came out!!!! So stinkin’ cute. I hope she sends me pics of the kids wearing them!

110_3096

For Father’s Day gifts, I made reusable coffee sleeves for my husband and father-in-law. I have to say, it’s really hard to find man-friendly fabric. For one I used scrap material left over from a bow-tie I made for one of the boys in our college group and for the other I cut up one of my husband’s old Quicksilver shirts that had gotten stained.  I think they look manly enough. Notice I said “reusable coffee sleeve” rather than “coffee cozy”…I think that man’s them up a bit too. Happy Father’s Day!

110_3084

Thanks so mush to the gals over at Today's Creative Blog, The Creative Itch, and These Creative Juices for letting me link up!

3 comments:

  1. those capes are to cute! did you see http://samstermommy.blogspot.com/ is doing a dress up drive? It's to send to ill children. It's called tutu drive but they are accepting things for boys as well. I think I would like to send some capes, boys like to dress up too
    Just thought I would share, it seemed perfect
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your comment on my blog and I wanted to let you know that I am really digging yours, too! I will definitely be checking back from time to time to see what you have going on :)

    Cheers!
    - Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the capes! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...